Published on 03-06-2012 05:21 PM
d2x cIOS has been updated to v8 final by davebaol. The d2x cIOS is an enhanced version of the cIOSX rev21 by Waninkoko. See below for full changelog and installation instructions.
d2x v8 Changelog
- Enhanced stealth mode to prevent cios detection.
- Added ioctl command to enable/disable stealth mode when a game is not
running. Stealth mode is enabled by default.
- IOS reload block is now enabled by default.
- Fixed IOS reload block failure when the original IOS required by the game
is not installed. It works for real and emu nand.
- Fixed return to channel failure when the system menu is not installed on
- Fixed missing cache flush when removing error 002 after IOS reload block.
Now syscall kernel_set_version is used instead.
- Added direct access to syscalls. This allows you to invoke a syscall from
inside another syscall.
- Added support for paths starting with ‘#’ which are used to open files on
real nand even if nand emu is on. Also, access to these paths is protected
by stealth mode.
- FAT files are now opened through relative path to fix issue 16. Now Disney
Universe and all the games using long paths work properly in nand emulation.
- Disabled file sharing control in FAT module to overcome a stupid issue made
by developers in The Beatles Rock Band. See issue 11.
- Fixed black screen in partial emulation when starting a game never launched
before on real nand. See issue 14.
- Added support for virtual sector size on WBFS drives to bypass the 500 game
limit (thanks fig2k4). The optimal sector size is 4KB, that allows up to 4084
games. Note that this feature is useful only for the loaders that don’t use
the fraglist for WBFS partitions, for example NeoGamma, WiiFlow and CFG.
- AHBPROT is now really enabled.
- USB Gecko functions completely rewritten. Now it’s really plug&play and the
cios works even when debug mode is enabled and USB Gecko is connected only to
the Wii (tnx to mini source).
- Removed the unused method 1 for IOS reload block.
- Minor changes and code clean up.
[ HOW TO INSTALL IT ]
You can install d2x cios through ModMii or d2x-cios-installer.
- Download and install ModMii v4.8.1 or higher on your PC. Download link:
ModMii for Windows Official Support Topic – GBAtemp.net
- From ModMii’s Main Menu, enter “4″, then “beta”
- Select the d2x beta you want to build
- Mark some or all d2x cIOSs for download (i.e. “d2x”)
- Enter “D” then “Y” to build d2x beta cIOSsWADs
- Install cIOSs using a WAD Manager – i.e. WiiModMMMYAWMM (available on
ModMii’s Download Page 2)
- Download the latest d2x-cios-installer from its google code page:
Downloads – d2x-cios-installer – custom IOS installer – Google Project Hosting
- Extract it into the apps folder of your sd card or usb device
- Extract d2x-v8-final.zip on your sd card or usb device
into the folder /apps/d2x-cios-installer.
NOTE: This will overwrite the file /apps/d2x-cios-installer/ciosmaps.xml
possibly present in that folder. You might want to rename it before
extracting the d2x package.
- Launch the Homebrew Channel, start the installer and follow the
instructions on the screen